Monday, March 2, 2015

Double Exposed Portrait

Portrait photography is pictures of a person or a group of people to show their expression or feeling. But, in a portrait, it shows both sides of the face. In profile pictures, it only shows the right or left side of the face. The picture only shows the persons right or left eye and only one half of their face. Profiles are basically an outline of one side of their face. A silhouette is an image of a person, animal, object, or a scene. Silhouettes represents the shape and its single color. The color is usually black, but the edges matching the outline of the subject.

To create a double exposure in photoshop, there are a few steps. File>Scripts>Load Files in to Stack>Browse>Choose three images>Start. When you pick three photos, one needs to be a profile picture of a person and the other two has to be textures. For mine, I used a book page and tree leaves. Double exposure makes two images combine to symbolize a side of your face.


I used the book page because I like to read. I chose a book that I read last year called "Gathering Blue". When I read this book it reminds me of last year, which was a fun year. I used the tree leaves because I like nature. I love gardening and I have always loved gardening since I was little. I think my quality could improve because it looks a bit weird. My chin looks a bit weird because i used the dodge tool there when I didn't mean too.


12 comments:

  1. It's hard to see the tree because of your hair.
    I love the colors!
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see your two images clearly
    the tree is a bit dark
    The two images blend into each other well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the dodge tool
    cant really see the tree
    Great overall

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I can clearly see both of your image
    2. You could've use the eraser more better
    3. The tree flows with your hair, it looks nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the tree blends into your hair
    Can't really see your neck
    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dodge tool use!
    The tree is kind of dark.
    Good symbolism!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally see bthe images
    DODGE TOOL Y U DU DIS
    Gud Profile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Images are placed nicely
    Tree doesn't relate to you really well
    Both images are eye ctaching and symbolic

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the two symbols you used in your finished image
    The book symbol had a line going across the neck
    I could clearly see the two symbols

    ReplyDelete
  10. good job blending the images
    I can't really tell what your second image is
    good overall

    ReplyDelete
  11. You blended the images well
    Can't tell what the second image is
    good overall

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good blending.
    Maybe make your second image show more.
    Great, Overall.

    ReplyDelete