Thursday, September 1, 2016

Poetic Personal Statement


Its a new school year and our last year of GT. Its sad, and we'll all miss it but because its our last year, we will defiantly make it the best. The first project of GT is to create a poetic personal statement. I think poetry is a way of expressing your feelings and emotions through meaningful words. Poetry can be used to inspire or motivate others. It can also be used to tell a story. Poetry can be personal because it can describe someones feelings. It could be something the writer feels and is meaningful to them. It can also be personal to the reader if they feel the same way the writer does or if the poetry reminds them of something or someone close to them. It is a creative way to express feeling through words.

An awkward and strange person
Easily stressed making situations worsen
Trying my best to succeed
Staying focused is what I need
When I'm with friends, I enjoy myself
Other times, I grab a book from the bookshelf
I see myself in my own way
Which is how I make it through day after day


In my poetic personal statement, I decided to use a rhyme every line. I seem to doubt myself a lot so writing this poem was rather difficult. I thought rhyming would help me come up with more things to say. For example, when I used the word person, it helped my think of the next line because I thought of worsen, which rhymes, of course. When I wrote the poem, I had no idea what I was writing about. When I used rhymes, it seemed to help me a lot with coming up with ideas. Still, I don't really know what the topic specifically was in my poem, but in general it's about me I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment