Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Character Development


If I were to describe myself in one word, it would either be weird or awkward. I'm not exactly a normal everyday person. I tend to loose my balance a lot. Im not that clumsy, but at the same time I am. Whenever I see a friend, or my brother, I like to stare at them in a weird way. Sometimes I do weird things like lip sync. Another really weird thing about me is that I cross my legs while standing. I'm not sure why but it's just a weird habit. Before I go to sleep I always listen to music. I always smile, or at least I try to. When I'm excited or happy because I accomplish something I always say "Yes!" Another weird thing I do is say "Merrrrrr." Although, that's only around my  close friends.

I think I'm going to make me clumsier than I am in real life. I also might make myself a little weirder. I could do that by making my character do weird things such as standing in a weird spot or maybe standing in a weird way. I could make myself pat someones head. I guess and that would be considered weird in a lot of circumstances. If I try to make myself clumsy I could of course, trip at some points.

When we started this project, the first thing we did was take pictures in front of a green screen. The pictures were of ourselves of course. We got three pictures. One taken from behind us, one taken from in front of us, and one taken on the right side of us. Next, we opened up our images in Photoshop. We only used the front picture for the first project so that's the only one we opened up. Then, we had to cut out our person, our self. That way we couldn't see any of the green screen in the background. After that step, we had to crop our image to width 640, height 720, and resolution 300. Now we are finally at the animated part, or the warping part. We opened up the animation window and started to animate yourself to make it appear as though we are moving. Then we click Edit, Puppet Warp, and warp your body to make it look like its moving. I chose the odd motion I'm doing for my GIF because it reminds me of a really silly dance Shaday and I made up. I enjoyed this project, seeing everyone else's odd movement was very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment