Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Humorous Monologue


SacramedD_Comedy from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.


From this comedy project, we have learned many things, especially the sixth graders. I say that because it's their first year in this class. But I have learned how to write a comedic monologue, even if I'm not so great at it. Iv'e also learned a few things about the cameras. I know its my second year so I'm most likely expected to know quite a few things in this class, but last year I was always lost when it came to the cameras, although this year, it is very clear to me. Iv'e learned how to use the magnification setting on the cameras. Iv'e learned how to make a GIF as well. Last year I made one too but if you look at it, its obvious I didn't know what I was doing. I think thats all Iv'e learned this year so far but I'm sure I'm missing some thing.

When filming this we must use something called "padding." A few of us learned to do this in a media camp we went to in summer, but not everyone knew it. Padding is went you press record, you wait 3 second until your subject moves or does its action then say "action!" When you say action, that is a signal telling your subject to move, but I'm sure you knew that. After the action in the video is over, you say "cut!" or "stop!" or something to tell the subject the video is over. But, before you say that, you must wait three more seconds. If you wait three seconds, the risk of cutting the person off is lower. What I mean is, when you press record the camera takes a few seconds to actually start recording. So if you don't wait those three seconds, you could possibly lose the beginning of your video.

In this project I had many things go wrong but some how I managed to finish on time. For example, one day Jhoanna checked out a camera to use. She got a ride with me and we went to my house. We filmed a few things for her and a few things for me. The next day she went to import the footage into IMovie. Unfortunately, she only imported it to her computer. She tried to send me my footage but that didn't work. So I had to film that part again. It was a struggle trying to find a day to get a camera because that was the one week I was busy. So one of my weaknesses was trying to find time. One of my strengths was maybe editing. I think if I had a little more time in editing, I would have done a little better. I think I could improve in many ways, but one way would be in the filming. I need to improve in finding better shots and angles. Overall, I liked this project. It was a challenge for all of us, and I'm glad its over. I mean trying to make a whole class laugh on your own is pretty hard. If I were with friends, it would have been a lot funnier.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment